Reaching Out to:
Victims of human trafficking often have specific requests about their voluntary return to countries of origin. Due to their vulnerable position, the involvement of police and counselling organizations and fear of reprisals, the return of victims of trafficking requires careful preparation. IOM assists the return of victims of trafficking from non-Western countries and Member States that joined the EU from 1 May 2004
Assistance Offered by IOM to Victims of Trafficking:
IOM in the Netherlands can offer the below assistance to victims of trafficking who return voluntarily,in cooperation with IOM in the country of origin.
- Advice and information about return during one of our counselling hours or at the shelter.
- Assistance in obtaining a travel document.
- IOM arranges and pays for travel.
- Assistance at Schiphol airport with a fast check in procedure.
- Arrival assistance at the airport in the country of origin and onward transportation to the final
- Additional accompaniment during travel for unaccompanied minor children.
- Support in case of medical problems.
- Contacting family in the country of origin.
- Assistance with finding appropriate accommodation.
- Reintegration assistance in the country of origin.
All victims of trafficking are entitled to receive 200 Euro return allowance in cash from the REAN programme.
On top of that, victims of trafficking from EU Member States can receive an in kind reintegration budget of 500 Euro, to be used in goods or services in the country of origin.
Victims of trafficking from other countries are entitled to reintegration assistance from the AVRR-NL project. They can receive an in kind budget of 1800 Euro per adult or 2800 Euro per child, of which max. 300 Euro can be received in cash.
All returnees receive a letter with the agreements made about the support they will receive from IOM the Netherlands after their return. The address and contact person of the IOM in the country of origin to assist with the implementation of the in kind support are also mentioned in this letter.
Ilse Waindrich / Lisa van de Pol
P.O. Box 10796 2501 HT The Hague