Frequently Asked Questions about Family Reunification

Can IOM provide funding?

Unfortunately IOM does not have funds available to support families in the reunification process. You can consult VluchtelingenWerk, the local municipality, or your network including churches and charitable organisations.

Can IOM arrange exit visas?

In most cases IOM can provide advice regarding the procedures and required documents only. The actual application should be done by the family members themselves.

Can IOM travel with a young child?

Children under 6 years old are required to travel with an adult to escort on most airlines. Whenever possible, the child should travel with relatives or care takers. If this is not possible IOM can arrange an escort. The costs for an escort include a return ticket and additional costs. You can request a cost estimate by filling out the application form.

Can IOM provide medical assistance?

IOM can arrange appointments with physicians and medical escorts.

Can we use IOM assistance if we book our own tickets?

The consultation service offers assistance if you choose to buy your own tickets. Escorts, pre-departure, transit and post-arrival assistance can only be offered when IOM arranges the tickets.

Can IOM provide assistance at the transit airport only?

IOM can only provide assistance at the airports when IOM arranges the tickets. This is the only way for IOM to track the flights and guarantee the right tickets are booked, any required visas are arranged, and family members will be able to board the flights.

Why can the actual costs differ from the cost estimate?

IOM charges only the actual costs that have been incurred. It may happen that these differ from the cost estimate, for example due to changes in ticket prices or airport taxes. In the unlikely event that costs increase, IOM will inform you in advance. If the actual costs are lower than indicated in the cost estimate, IOM will return the difference. IOM cannot provide the exact costs until the final cost settlement after arrival in the Netherlands.

No rights can be derived from this website.