|Position:||Programme Developer and Coordinator|
|Duty Station:||IOM The Hague, Netherlands|
|Classification:||National Officer, Grade NO-C|
|Type of Appointment:||Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date:||July 29, 2018|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates..|
Context: Under the overall and the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to IOM The Netherlands in developing and overseeing the implementation of a wide range of projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Take the lead in developing ongoing and new program initiatives and projects, in close cooperation with the respective Team Leaders in the following areas of programming:
- Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration
- Labour Mobility and Human Development
- Migrant Training Resettlement and Integration
- Identify specific programming possibilities based on country, regional and global context, and direct Team Leaders and units with administrative tasking (in a supporting role) to plan and implement initiatives aimed at promoting IOM in the Country.
- Oversee all aspects of project development in the Country Office, assess resource requirements and identify problems and financial deficiencies with the Programmes.
- Coordinate with Team Leaders and units with programming and administrative tasking while working with the Resource Management Unit, and other IOM Country Offices, RO, as necessary, to facilitate project development, financial oversight, reporting and implementation.
- Propose avenues for strategic mission development based on identified resource mobilization opportunities to maximize IOM’s in-country potential, as well as plan and execute follow-up on these initiatives.
- Advocate for IOM priorities and current and future programming in-country and with a wider scope as necessary, first and foremost with government and donor interlocutors.
- Support the CoM on an ongoing basis and exercising Country Office, staff, programming and financial management responsibility.
- Represent IOM at a high-level during the CoM’s absence, in working groups, seminars, conferences and other events and meetings, in the IOM programmatic context.
- Oversee continued development of data management systems and evaluation of programmes progress and results.
- Contribute to building the capacities of IOM staff in the thematic areas through on-the-job training and mentoring.
- Ensure financial management and accountability of programmes in coordination with Resource Management Officer (RMO) to ensure timely and accurate reporting to programme donors.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
A completed Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Humanities, International Relations, Law, Economics or related field from an accredited institution with five years of relevant professional experience,
University Degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience;
- Thorough knowledge of the IOM project development mechanisms, programme support modalities as well as IOM administrative systems and rules is an asset;
- At least 5 years of extensive supervisory experience is mandatory;
- Progressive professional experience in governmental institutions and/or international organizations in and/or the region;
- Excellent knowledge of migration policy and actors in The Netherlands and the region;
- Proven experience in successfully managing projects and providing programme support (project development, communications, etc.) highly desirable;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
Fluency in English is required, and basic knowledge of Dutch
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; and,
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level).
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts duly completed PHF signed and scanned.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.